Here's just some random thoughts..
- Time certainly does heal. I wouldn't have believed it 6 months ago - or even just 3 months ago.
- Good memories are now happy ones. We won't discuss the others.
- I can talk about Donna without getting emotional.
- I miss her cooking, although my waistline doesn't. I don't care how "good" a microwave meal is, they're all starting to taste the same.
- Dating really sucks. I keep having people tell me they would love to hang out, and then get stood up. Online dating? Fahgettaboutit!!
- I still sleep on my side of the bed. I miss snuggling.
- My office and workshop are still a mess. When weren't they.
- I don't miss re-runs and reality TV. I don't watch much TV anyways. It seems to be the same stuff over and over.
- I'm motivated to do things again. The yard is starting to look decent after almost 2 years of neglect. I wish the temps were cooler so I could do more outside.
- I can make decisions. The hurdle was whether or not to buy a newer vehicle for road trips. I'm now a 4 vehicle family with one driver.
- Still have the cats. They've lived here all their lives, I guess this is where they'll stay. I'm not a cat person!! *Sneezes*
- I've only "lost" a couple of plants in the sunroom. They were finicky ones anyway, and there's still plenty of others left.
- No vegetable garden this year, although I have carrots from seeds that were planted last year. Really?? I do have an awesome crop of weeds!
- It takes a year to close an estate, and hospitals are blood sucking leaches when it comes to money owed to them. Especially Greenville Hospital System.
- There's too much stuff in the house. I need to start distributing Donna's family items to her kids.. Yes, I'm finally ready.
- It's just a matter of time.
As a follow up...
I let another piece of Donna go on Thursday. I sold her car with the Elvis graphics to some close friends who really needed a clean and reliable vehicle to drive. I wanted it to go to someone who would care for and appreciate the car as much as Donna did. I think I made a good choice! Hopefully they will keep the graphics on the car.
I did cry as I watched the tail lights pull out of the driveway one last time, this time without her at the wheel..